Asked by Anonymous User ,34 years

on 12/7/19

I am trying to conceive since one year with sub clinical hypothyroidism. i am on 25mg thyronorm currently. my doctor had prescribed me ovagen 50 since last two months for three months but she changed the medicine and prescribed me letrozole 2.5mg for this month. But i did not find this medicine in most of the pharmacies and when doing online research, i found out this medicine is for breast cancer as well and it has been banned in India to use as a infertility treatment. So, please suggest me is it safe for me to use it or not

Replies to question

Doctors generally don't recommend Ovagen 50 to the patients who have active disorders of thyroid or adrenals. If your doctor has prescribed it then she must have found some reasons for it. Though it seems contradictory so I think you should go to another doctor for a second opinion.

Answered on 14/7/19

Thank you for your query. As your treating doctor has prescribed you the medicine, he/she may have done it with some geniune reasons.It is used in breast cancer as well as in other conditions to decrease the level of estrogen in blood. So ae cant say the medicine is used for one purpose only. Its better to consult the treatig doctor again and ask him/her. If you want further consultation from gyane/obs doctor bia this platform where u can upload the reports too please visit this link: https://www.hamrodoctor.com/service/obstetrics-and-gynecology

Answered on 13/7/19

nice site ">

Answered on 12/7/19

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤

Recently answered health questions

Your Health and Privacy Matters

Asked by Arun shrestha ,40 years

13 hours, 58 minutes ago

I have too much on my foot?