Asked by Anonymous User

on 5/6/20

24 male I have been suffering from Anxiety (Panic disorder and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) for last 10 years. Due to OCD, I keep doing things repeatedly, I often wash my hand and feel it dirty all time, check my door again and again if it's locked up or not, Doubt people all time and etc. I just came to know about OCD last month, but I was using medicine for panic disorders which is in control now. So will this OCD be cured completely, what should I do and what should not I do to get over it Plz advise....??

Replies to question

Asst. Prof. Dr. Suman Prasad Adhikari

Consultant Psychiatrist , 3 Years of practice

I think the panic spells you were having were part of OCD. The medication doses can be adjusted and moreover you should focus on psychological treatment modalities.

Answered on 7/6/20
Dr. Subodh Dahal

Psychiatry and Mental Health , 5 Years of practice

Washing and Checking are two most common symptoms of OCD. It’s a good news that the panic symptoms are under control. Now there should be slight changes in treatment modalities including medicine and therapies for OCD in combination. There’s a chance of recurrence even after a duration of complete recovery. So, firstly visit a psychiatrist nearby and proceed further according to his advice. You’ll get better soon. Thank you.

Answered on 5/6/20

Post your Reply

Press Here to type in नेपाली ➤

Recently answered health questions

Your Health and Privacy Matters